Mild cognitive impairment is the stage between the expected cognitive decline of normal aging and the more serious decline of dementia. It's characterized by problems with memory, language, thinking or judgment. It's normal to forget things occasionally as we age, but serious memory problems make it hard to do everyday things like driving, using the phone, and finding your way home. Mentis contains nutrients that have shown effectiveness in preserving cognitive ability and support for brain function.
This product contains the following ingredients:
- Ginkgo Biloba - Interest in Ginkgo biloba centers on its reputed benefits on brain function, especially on the aging brain. These benefits are attributed to two main classes of phytoactive / antioxidant compounds present in the Ginkgo biloba leaf that protect the cells in the body from deleterious actions of free radical accumulation which impairs cellular energy production, nerve transmission, and increases vascular rigidity. Ginkgo biloba extract is also reported to inhibit the tendency of red blood cells to stick together (“clumping”), thereby enhancing the fluidity of the blood.
- Ashwagandha - Withania somnifera, is an adaptogenic herb that belongs to the pepper family. It has an extensive, 4,000-year history of traditional use and is one of the most revered and widely used Ayurvedic herbs. It’s adaptogenic properties provide multi-functional support for promoting general mental and physical wellness, including support for occasional stress, joints, memory, immune function, and healthy lipid and glucose metabolism. Other research suggests that it may promote relaxation and maintain healthy cortisol and C-reactive protein levels.
- Phosphatidyl Serine (PS) - Phosphatidylserine (PS), a ubiquitous, endogenously occurring phospholipid, is the major acidic phospholipid in the brain. PS and other phospholipids make up the basic structural components of the cell membrane. These membrane phospholipids play an important role in cell-to-cell communication and transfer of biochemical messages into the cell, which trigger cellular responses. The proper functioning of these processes is of ultimate importance, especially in the central nervous system. It is theorized that PS enhances cellular metabolism and communication by influencing the fluidity of cell membranes. Numerous clinical trials have established that PS exerts significant benefit for cognition, especially those functions that tend to decline with age, including memory, learning, vocabulary skills, and concentration.
- Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) - a steroid hormone secreted primarily by the adrenal glands and to a lesser extent by the brain, skin, testes, and ovaries. It is the most abundant circulating steroid in humans and can be converted into other hormones, including estrogen and testosterone. Circulating levels of DHEA decline with age and a relationship has been suggested between lower DHEA levels and heart disease, cancer, diabetes, obesity, chronic fatigue syndrome, AIDS, and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Huperzine - is a natural inhibitor of acetylcholinesterase (AChE) derived from the Chinese folk medicine Huperzia serrata. There is a long history of using H. serrata as a medicine in China to treat different kinds of disorders, including bruises, strains, swelling, rheumatism, schiz-ophrenia, myasthenia gravis, and fever. Huperzine is a licensed anti-Alzheimer’s disease drug in China and is available as a nutraceutical in the US. A growing body of evidence has demonstrated that Huperzine could effectively reverse or attenuate cognitive deficits in rodents, pri-mates, and human in addition it has shown to improve cognitive function, daily living activity, and global clinical assessment in patients with cognitive decline.
- Guarana Extract - This Amazonian fruit has been used for centuries by Brazilian tribes for its healing and energy-boosting properties. Its antioxidant profile is similar to green tea because it is rich in catechins, saponins, theobromine and tannins. Up to 6% of the seed contains caffeine which is more potent than coffee beans. The caffeine in guarana works similarly to other caffeinated beverages by blocking adenosine, a neurotransmitter that relaxes the brain and makes you feel tired. However, unlike coffee, guarana is released slowly, giving you long-lasting energy. On top of reducing physical fatigue, one study showed guarana also improves mental fatigue.
- Phosphatidyl Choline - Choline is the direct precursor to the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, which undergoes progressive, critical decline in Alzheimer disease. Supplementation of dietary choline represents a potentially useful approach in combination with cholinesterase inhibition medications used as a therapeutic in slowing the deterioration seen in Alzheimer disease.
- Acetyl L-Carnitine (ALC) - Several studies suggest ALC’s role in slowing down cognitive decline due to its ability in restoring cell membranes and synaptic functioning, enhancing cholinergic activity, promoting mitochondrial energy metabolism, protecting against toxins, and exerting neurotrophic effects.
- Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) - is a novel treatment which has the potential to improve brain function in healthy elderly populations due to established beneficial effects on mitochondrial function, vascular function and oxidative stress.
MENTIS has been formulated to provide support to individuals who experience memory and cognitive decline.
Gelatin (capsule) and cellulose.
Take 2 capsules in divided doses with food, or as directed by a healthcare provider.
No side effects have been reported when used as directed.
Store in a cool, dry place, away from direct light. Keep out of reach of children. The content of each capsules are stable and maintains potency under normal conditions.
*NOTE: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information contained herein is for informational purposes only and does not establish a doctor-patient relationship. These therapies are not substitutes for standard medical care. Consult your physician before taking this or any other product.