Erectile Dysfunction (ED) occurs when interaction between several organ systems and hormones in a male body does not occur properly. Conditions like diabetes, cardiovascular disease, blood vessel disorders, certain medications and stress can affect men’s sexual health.
It is advised that you consult with your healthcare provider before trying any supplements to be sure that the ingredients don’t interact with medications you may be taking.
- Ashwagandha is very revered herb of the Indian Ayurvedic system of medicine as a tonic. It is used for various kinds of disease processes and specially as an adaptogen (anti-stress) and is used to increase stamina. Ashwagandha has also been known to provide protection against stress induced gastric ulcers. In several scientific studies it has been shown that ashwagandha is useful in neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson's, Huntington's and Alzheimer’s diseases.
- Yohimbe which is a West African tree bark and has been used in individuals suffering from ED. It is believed to increase release of nitrous oxide (a vasodilator) and enhancing the blood flow to the sexual organ by relaxing the smooth muscles. It also is used to increase sexual desire and improve orgasmic experience. It should also be noted that Yohimbe can cause high blood pressure, tremors, and anxiety in some individuals.
- L-arginine is a naturally occurring amino acid found in certain foods which is essential for synthesis of nitrous oxide (NO) a vasodilator important for erectile function. It increases penile blood flow by relaxing muscles and vessels.
- L-Citrulline is a naturally occurring amino acid found in food, such as watermelons, and also made in the body. Our bodies change L-citrulline into another amino acid called L-arginine in addition to nitric oxide. L-citrulline helps dilate blood vessels to improve blood flow and reduce blood pressure.
- Maca help alleviate stress-related ED due to its anxiolytic effect.
- Muira Puama has been used as an aphrodisiac. It has been shown to improve sexual desire in 60% of men with initial low libido and ED improvement. Muira puama has been used in women to improved sexual desire, sexual fantasies, and the ability to reach orgasm in women with sexual dysfunctions.
- Nettle Root balances the proportions of testosterone and DHT, to favor better erectile capacity. Also nettle root can prevent sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) from attaching to male tissues and can block dihydrotestosterone (DHT) from binding to SHBG.
- Saw Palmetto Saw palmetto inhibits the activity of 5-alpha-reductase, an enzyme involved in converting testosterone to a hormone called dihydrotestosterone which is thought to cause male pattern baldness. Studies have also shown positive effects on BPH.
- Tongkat Ali is Malaysian Ginseng found in the deep rainforests of South-East Asian countries. It is known to improve ED by increasing testosterone level, muscle strength and sperm count improvement.
- Tribulus Terrestris is known to have a variety of health benefits, including reduced blood sugar and cholesterol, altered hormone levels, and increased sexual function and libido.
- Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) is a hormone made by the adrenal gland in human body. It’s a building block for testosterone. According to urology studies this hormone may help in low testosterone-related ED. However, long-term use without healthcare supervision is not recommended.
- Zinc deficiency has been known to be the cause of ED in some men. It is a very important immune boosting mineral.
The ingredients in ED Rx Support supplement have been shown to improve symptoms associated with ED*.
Take 1-2 capsules daily or as directed by a healthcare provider.
No side effects have been reported when used as directed. Do not use if you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
Supplied in bottles of 60 capsules.
Store in a cool, dry place, away from direct light. Keep out of reach of children. The contents of each capsule are stable and maintains potency under normal conditions for at least two years.